Deadline: July 31st, 2020
Topic: To wrap up our first year, we are looking for positive Post-Apocalyptic stories that fit the theme of “New Beginnings.” This means we can be at the peak of apocalypse to post-apocalypse, characters becoming optimistic about their situation, characters settling into their new environment, or really anything with a good/positive outlook. Settings can be grim, but we do ask for an optimistic ending.
Additional Details: The limit on non-human characters will be overlooked when the non-human character is directly relevant to what caused the apocalypse, such as an alien invasion or a vampire uprising. The post-apocalypse also does not have to take place on Earth, but keep in mind our word count limits and how that may affect your world building.
Additional (Optional) Prompts:
- Characters performing a commitment ceremony in a budding town or privately with each other.
- Characters starting a community together.
- Characters finding old friends/partners while journeying through their post-apocalypse setting.
- Characters raiding a supermarket.
- Characters finding a surviving animal.
- Characters hearing a radio broadcast.
- A character’s fever breaking.
- The first sign of crops growing.
We are planning to keep this deadline firm.