Here are our guidelines for the content in your submissions. This covers what sort of content we accept, don’t accept, and accept on a limited basis. We have our submissions guidelines listed here, and it covers the submission process, formatting concerns, length, editing and the like.
What content are you looking for?
We are looking for erotic LGBTQ+ short stories that are between 2,000-5,000 words. However we will accept stories up to 10,000 words. We accept stories in any narrative style (first person, second person, third person) and characters with any gender identity.
The short story should function as a complete work with no cliffhangers or additional material that needs to be read to fully understand the characters.
When is SFW/non-erotic content accepted?
We will sometimes have Call for Submissions that are explicitly not-erotic. We will also accept non-erotic short stories where one or more characters are asexual.
Do you accept characters that appear in other works? Can we use the same characters in multiple submissions?
If the characters are your own and are not in fandom situations, yes. However, the short story itself should function as a stand-alone story and readers should not need to read additional material to fully understand the characters or situation. If your short story is accepted, you can include links so readers have access to more content about the characters.
What NSFW content is accepted?
Any erotica featuring a homosexual relationship and any erotica featuring a heterosexual relationship where at least one character is trans.
Kinks/Fetishes outside of just sex we will accept are:
- Multiple partners, including sex parties/gatherings
- Solo experiences
- Sex toys, Sex Machines, Ball Gags
- Orgasm denial, multiple orgasms
- Phone sex, cam sex, sexting, dirty talk
- Bondage, though make sure hard bondage is explicitly consensual
- Lingerie fetishes
- Sexual stimulants, voyeurism, mind control, and rough sex when consent is explicitly given
- Sex workers, unless it is exploitative
- Public sex, unless it forces an unwilling party to deal with it
What content is accepted on a limited basis?
For the following topics, we will limit how many of these short stories we will accept for each submission topic so that they are not the majority of our submissions. For example, we will not accept 4 submissions with supernatural characters when we’ve only accepted 2 human submissions. However, we will sometimes have a submission topic that is explicitly about one of these topics so we will accept more than a limited number.
- CisM/CisF relationships where one or more characters are bisexual or pansexual. (We accept M/F relationships where one or more character is trans without limitation.)
- For these stories, you do not need to make it explicit that a character is bisexual or pansexual. If you tell us one or more of the characters is bi/pan in your submission, we’ll accept it regardless of whether or not the story illustrates that.
- Non-erotic short stories
- Non-erotic short stories with an ace character do not need to have the character state they are ace in order to be accepted. Their sexuality does not need to be made explicit in the work.
- Non-human characters
- For example, monsters, supernatural creatures (vampires, werewolves, etc), aliens, robots, and furry characters
- Some of the above kinks and any hard kinks may be limited if we receive an abundant number of the same one
What sort of content is never accepted?
- Cis Heterosexual relationships, including “Unicorn Hunting” situations
- Fade-to-Black sex scenes
- Sex-repulsed/sex-avoidant asexual characters in sexual situations
- Non-consensual sex, sex with dubious consent, sexual violence, sexual slavery
- Content written like non-con with a “twist” that it’s consensual at the end of the work
- Romanticizations of abusive relationships
- Trans erotica featuring “trap” situations or other exploitative themes
- Hateful and/or discriminatory content
- Sexual content with characters under 21 years of age and/or grooming situations
- Incest, Near Incest
- Bestiality and genitals that are overly animalistic to the point that they bridge with bestiality
- Animal abuse
- Necrophilia (not including supernatural characters that are undead.)
What if the kink/fetish I want to include is not listed above?
If it’s a hard kink, we’ll probably have a specific submission period for it. Please message or e-mail us and we’ll let you know and adjust the list accordingly.